October Honeycrisp Sangria
It’s officially fall, which means honeycrisp apples are finally in season. Why not use them to make a delicious signature fall sangria? Better yet, why not use them alongside your favorite Sh!tshow Wine to make said sangria? It’s the perfect opportunity. Make a pitcher to bring to a party, a small get together, or even just to enjoy at home by yourself. We found a recipe that takes less than 5 minutes and will spice up your favorite bottle of wine. Feel free to add any other fall spices to taste to make the recipe unique to you and your palette.
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle of your favorite Sh!tshow Wine
- 1 and ¾ cups of apple cider
- ½ cup of brandy
- ¼ cup of orange juice (or juice from 2 oranges)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Club soda to tase
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 – 24 hours. Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
- Pour in the sangria with fruit* and add a splash of club soda. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
- Feel free to add ice to your glasses of sangria. Don’t add it directly to the pitcher – this waters the sangria down.
Leave a comment